Creating a Custom Export for use in Wasatch Front Regional MLS
- Open any report (such as the Agent Full Report).
- In the green bar click on 'More Actions' then click on 'New Custom Report'.
- In the screen that comes up next, double-click the name of each of the following fields (or drag it over to the left) in the custom export. The fields must be in the exact order as shown below:
- List Number
- List Price
- Sold Price
- Status Change Date
- List Date
- Sold Date
- Under Contract Date
- Owner Type
- Short Sale
- Gross Living Area (GLA)
- Basement Square Feet
- Basement Finished
- Year Built
- Year Remodeled
- Sold Concessions
- Total Bedrooms
- Total Full Bathrooms
- Total Three-quarter Bathrooms
- Total Half Bathrooms
- Garage Capacity
- Carport Capacity
- Once the list is complete and in the above order name the report 'TrendSheet 4' (next to 'Customized Report Name').
- Click 'Save as New Report'. This report will now appear in the Export box, under the Custom Data section.
How to Export your Data
- Perform your search and click on 'View Results'.
- Select all of the results.
- In this MLS you can only export up to **200 listings at a time.
- Click in the yellow 'Report' menu and select 'Export Report'.
- Enter the security code select 'Custom Data' and choose 'TrendSheet 4' from the drop-down menu.
- Click 'Download Data' below.
Verify that the search you are exporting includes every type of listing (active, under contract, pending, closed, expired, canceled, etc) for at least one year back from the effective date you're using. The further back you go the more likely you are to include pertinent data. I recommend 2.5 years since TrendSheet 4 analyzes two years of data.
**This MLS system has a limit of only 200 exported listings at a time. It can be difficult to obtain all the necessary data for two years worth of all types of listings when limited to 200 listings (especially for the broader neighborhood). In these cases you can export some types of listings (e.g. Active, Under Contract, Sold), paste them into TrendSheet and then export the remaining types of listings (e.g. Expired, Cancelled, etc) and paste them in below the data that is already in TrendSheet.
The last thing to do is copy and paste the data from the export into TrendSheet 4. If you need help with this please check out our video on the topic: