Creating a Custom Export for use in the Contra Costa-Alameda system (MAXEBRD) - Paragon (includes Bay East, East Bay and CCAR)
Once in the results of a search, click the green 'Reports' button.
Under the Spreadsheets folder choose any spreadsheet you don't normally use because you're going to be modifying it.
Click 'Customize' and then 'fields'.
Verify that the class is 'Residential'.
Name it 'TrendSheet 4'.
Remove all categories on the right except for MLS # and Status (assuming those are there).
Add the following categories from the left to the right window until the list on the right window matches the list below exactly (including the order). If you don't see the field you're looking for, change the 'Group' from 'Listing' to 'Feature' or 'Feature Categories'.
Days on Market (DOM)
POOL (this field is under the Feature Categories heading)
Lot Sq Ft Apx
GARAGE/PARKING (this field is under the Feature Categories heading)
Once the list is complete and in the above order, check the boxes for every row in both the 'Short Lbl' and 'Short Val' columns.
Click 'Save' and you are done.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes every type of listing (active, contingent, pending, closed, expired, canceled, etc excluding leased) for at least one year back from the effective date you're using. The further back you go, the more likely you are to include pertinent data. I recommend 2.5 years since TrendSheet analyzes two years of data at once.
- In the search results click the green 'Reports' button.
- Click 'TrendSheet 4'.
- Click 'Export' then 'Export to CSV'.
- Select 'All listings'.
- Verify that TrendSheet is selected and click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
The last thing to do is copy and paste the data from the export into TrendSheet 4. If you need help with this please check out our video on the topic: