Creating a Custom Export for use in Los Angeles (also Beverly Hills and Palm Springs), CA - CLAW / TheMLS
- In the search screen click the 'Cols' button and choose 'New'.
- Click on each of the following categories individually and add them so that they appear in the right window. Once you are done, the categories should appear on the right side of the window and they must be in the same order as below:
- MLS Number
- List Price
- Sold Price
- Status Date
- List Date
- Sold Date
- Contract Date
- Sale Type
- Sq.Ft. (apx)
- Year Built
- Pool Type
- Once the list is complete and in the above order click 'Finish'.
- Name it TrendSheet and click 'Save'
- This is for SFR but must be repeated for Condo if you want to use TrendSheet for condos as well.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes every type of listing (active, contingent, pending, closed, expired, canceled, etc excluding leased) for at least one year back from the effective date you're using. The further back you go, the more likely you are to include pertinent data. I recommend 1.5 years.
- In the results screen of the search toward the bottom left, at the 'Action' drop-down choose 'Export to File'.
- Left-click on the file name. Then right-click anywhere in the results window that pops up and click 'Save As'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer.
The last thing to do is copy and paste the data from the export into TrendSheet. If you need help with this please check out our video on the topic: