Creating a Custom Export for use in Dallas, TX - MatrixMLS
- Hover your mouse over 'My Matrix' and select 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Custom Exports' then click on 'Add Export'.
- Name the export TrendSheet.
- Verify toward the bottom that 'Label' and 'Comma' are chosen. No need to enter a description.
- Click on each of the following categories individually and click 'Add' after each one. Once you are done, the categories will appear on the right side of the window and they must be in the same order as below:
- MLS Number
- List Price
- Close Price
- Status Change Timestamp
- Listing Contract Date
- Close Date
- Pending Date
- Seller Type
- Possible Short Sale YN
- SqFt Total
- Number of Stories
- Yr Built
- Pool Features
- Once the list is complete and in the above order click 'Save' and you are done
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes every type of listing (active, contingent, pending, closed, expired, canceled, etc excluding leased) for at least one year back from the effective date you're using. The further back you go, the more likely you are to include pertinent data. I recommend 1.5 years.
- Click 'All' toward the top which will select all of the results.
- Click 'Export' which is on the bottom row of buttons.
- Verify the custom export you made is selected in the drop-down which should be 'TrendSheet' then click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
The last thing to do is copy and paste the data from the export into TrendSheet. If you need help with this please check out our video on the topic: