Click here for more information about Spark. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in WFRMLS.
To purchase Spark or get the free trial go to the TOTAL Store page here.
When the one-time file setup is complete and you've purchased Spark (or got the free trial) click here to start using it! If, for any reason, you have trouble with the file setup in your MLS contact us here for assistance.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
Creating a Custom Export for use in the WFRMLS system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
You can either watch the above video or follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the WFRMLS system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
- Get into the results of a residential search by clicking 'View Results'.
- Left-click one of the checkboxes for any one of the listings (doesn't matter which one).
- In the tabs above click the 'Search Results' drop-down next to where it says 'Report:'.
- In that drop-down choose 'Agent Full Report'.
- When you do this, a drop-down above will show up that says 'More Actions'.
- Click 'More Actions' and then choose ' New Custom Report'.
- Type 'Spark' in the 'Customized Report Name' field toward the top.
- Left-click the 'Add All' button which is to the left, near 'Available Fields'.
- Left-click 'Save as New Report'.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- On the results page of your search choose the listings/sales/rentals you want included (using the check box to the left) or click 'All' if you want all of them.
- Left-click the 'Search Results' drop-down toward the top and choose 'Export Report'.
- Type in the security code where it says 'Please enter the text above'.
- Choose the 'Custom Data' button.
- Left-Click the drop-down immediately below 'Custom Data' and choose 'Spark' from the list.
- Choose 'CSV' then click the 'Download Data' button below.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location - if this happens that means your browser most likely saved the file in your Downloads folder).
- Now load Spark by going to spark.choicevaluation.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).
IMPORTANT FOR MULTI-FAMILY: Spark does not fully support multi-family in this MLS due to limitations in how this MLS exports multi-family data. However, there is a work-around to get some of the multi-family information into your report. Just export the information like normal (you will have to create a custom export for multi-family but this uses the exact same instructions as that for SFR which is that it uses all of the fields). Then choose the 1004 form in Spark. Even though the 1004 is chosen, it will still load the data into your 1025 or GP Multi-Family form. It will load as much data as possible into your report given that Spark does not have support or have access to all the multi-family data in this MLS. Keep in mind that some data, including individual unit information, will not be available and some property feature information (e.g. pools, fireplaces, etc) that works fine for SFR and Condos may not be exported from the MLS the same when it comes to multi-family. Be sure to verify all of the information.