Click here for more information about Spark or to get started using it. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in RMLS.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
Creating a Condo Custom Export for the HARMLS Matrix system
INSTRUCTIONS BELOW ARE FOR CONDO/TOWNHOUSE/HIGH-RISE/MID-RISE (CLICK HERE FOR SFR/ACREAGE SETUP INSTRUCTIONS)
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
Follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the HARMLS Matrix system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
NOTE: This process will need to be completed twice. THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR CONDO/TOWNHOUSE/MID-RISE/HIGH-RISE SEARCHES.
- Hover your mouse over 'My Matrix' and select 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Custom Exports' then click on 'Add Export'.
- Name the export 'Spark Condo'.
- IMPORTANT: Verify toward the bottom that 'Label' and 'Comma' are chosen. No need to enter a description.
- Click on each of the following categories individually and click 'Add' after each one. Once you are done, the categories will appear on the right side of the window. I realize the list is long but once this is set up in your MLS you'll never have to do it again although if you plan on using Spark for importing rentals you will have to repeat this process for the Rental export setup.
- Baths Full
- Baths Half
- Beds Total
- Carport Spaces Count
- Close Date
- Close Price
- Cool System
- Fireplaces Number
- Floor Location Search
- Heat System
- List Price
- Listing Contract Date
- Lot Description
- Maint Fee Amt
- Maint Fee Pay Schedule
- MLS Number
- No Of Garage Cap
- Off Market Date
- Original List Price
- Parking Desc
- Parking Spaces
- Pending Date
- Pool Area
- Property Sub Type
- Rental Terms
- Rental Type
- School District
- Seller To Closing Costs
- Sold Terms
- Sq Ft Total
- Street Dir Prefix
- Street Name
- Street Number
- Street Suffix
- Tax ID
- Unit Number
- Unit Level
- Unit Location
- Year Built
- Zip Code
- Once the list is complete, click 'Save' and you are done
- Be sure and repeat this process so you have two Spark exports, one for single-family residential and one for condos.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- On the results page of your search choose the listings/sales/rentals you want included (using the check box to the left) or click 'All' if you want all of them.
- Click 'Export' which is on the bottom row of buttons.
- Verify the custom export you made is selected in the drop-down which should be 'Spark Condo'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
- Now load Spark by going to app.sparkforappraisers.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).