Click here for more information about Spark or to get started. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in NEOHREX.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
Creating a Custom Export for use in the NEOHREX Matrix system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
Follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the NEOHREX system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
- Hover your mouse over 'My Matrix' and select 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Custom Exports' then click on 'Add Export' (after verifying that the correct Property Type is chosen i.e. Residential, Rental, etc).
- Name the export 'Spark' (name it 'Spark Rental' when creating the export for Rental properties).
- IMPORTANT: Verify toward the bottom that 'Label' and 'Comma' are chosen. No need to enter a description.
- Move all fields in the left column over to the right-side column so that all fields show up in that right-side column.
- The easiest way to do this is to left-click the very top field in the left column, then hold down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard.
- While holding the 'Shift' key down, scroll to the very bottom of that left column list and then left-click the very bottom field. This should highlight every field in the left column.
- Now simply click the button to move all fields over to the right column.
- Once all fields are on the right-side column click 'Save' and you are done
- You will have to repeat this process for Rentals if you plan on using Spark to load Rental Comps into your reports. When doing this, make the name of the export 'Spark Rental'.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- On the results page of your search choose the listings/sales/rentals you want included (using the check box to the left) or click 'All' if you want all of them.
- Click 'Export' which is on the bottom row of buttons.
- Verify the custom export you made is selected in the drop-down which should be 'Spark' or 'Spark Rental' then click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location - if this happens that means your browser most likely saved the file in your Downloads folder).
- Now load Spark by going to app.sparkforappraisers.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).
IMPORTANT FOR MULTI-FAMILY: Spark does not support multi-family in this MLS due to limitations in how this MLS exports multi-family data. However, there is a work-around to get some of the multi-family information into your report. Simply, export the information like normal and choose the 1004 form in Spark. Even though you chose 1004, Spark will recognize the multi-family data and load as much data as possible into your report given that Spark does not have full support or have access to all the multi-family data in this MLS. Keep in mind that some data, including individual unit information, will not be available and some property feature information (e.g. pools, fireplaces, etc) that works fine for SFR and Condos may not be exported from the MLS the same when it comes to multi-family. Be sure to verify all of the information.