Click here for more information about Spark. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in the MLSLI (Long Island) Stratus System.
To purchase Spark or get the free trial go to the TOTAL Store page here.
When the one-time file setup is complete and you've purchased Spark (or got the free trial) click here to start using it! If, for any reason, you have trouble with the file setup in your MLS contact us here for assistance.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
Creating a Custom Export for use in the MLSLI Stratus system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
To complete the one-time setup in the MLSLI Stratus system follow the below step-by-step instructions. You can also watch the above video for help on what to do in the Stratus system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we'll be glad to help.
- First, start a search by clicking on 'Search' on the left.
- On the next screen select all three of 'Residential', 'Condo/Coop/HOA', and 'Rental' (this is so we can get all the necessary fields at once and will be the only time we do a search with all three of these property types.
- Perform any search using any parameters just so you can get into the results of that search.
- Once in the results of a search, click on the 'Customize' icon toward the top (same row as the one that shows the number of results).
- Select 'Create New'.
- Click on the 'Add a Column' drop-down to start adding categories. The categories you choose will start to populate the window. Following is a complete list of the exact fields you need to include in the export (NOTE - This list may be a little long but keep in mind you only have to do this once):
- # Families
- # Fireplaces
- # Floors In Building
- # Floors In Unit
- 1st Floor
- 2nd Floor
- 3rd Floor
- Approx Int Square Footage
- Baths Full
- Baths Half
- Contract Date
- Days On Market
- Exp Date
- Finished Basement
- Garage Type
- Last Status Change
- Listing Date
- Listing Price
- Lot Square Footage
- ML #
- Model Name
- Mortgage Type
- Original Price
- Owner Financing
- Parking Spaces
- Property Description
- Rented Date
- Rented Price
- School District Name
- Short Sale
- Sold Price
- Title Date
- Unit #
- Unit on Floor #
- Water Frontage
- Withdrawn / Release Date
- Year Built
- Once the list is complete, click 'Save'.
- Type in 'Spark' to name the export and then click 'Save again. Now you're doen with the one-time setup of creating the custom export for Spark.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- On the results page of your search click 'Download' toward the top right.
- Verify 'List Rows' is selected and all listings you want are included in the 'For:' field.
- On the 'Column Set' drop-down select 'Spark' (or whatever you named the export you created).
- Verify that 'Include column names as first row' is checked and then click 'Download'.
- Once it says it's ready, click on 'Download' again.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
- Now load Spark by going to spark.choicevaluation.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).