Click here for more information about Spark or to get started. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in SWMLS/GAAR.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
One-Time Custom Export Setup for use in the GAAR / SWMLS Flex system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
You can either watch the above video or follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the GAAR / SWMLS Flex system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
- Hover your mouse over 'Preferences' and select 'My Exports'.
- Select 'New'.
- Name the export 'Spark', make sure 'Detail group names show in front of the detail name' is selected and that 'Residential' is also selected and click 'Next'. NOTE: This entire process will need to be repeated if you want to use Spark with Multi-Family properties. If so, then when creating the Multi-Family export choose that option rather than Residential.
- In the left window click the top field which is 'Agent Days on Market'.
- Then scroll down to the very bottom of that list.
- Hold down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and then click the very bottom field. This will select every field. Now let go of the 'Shift' key.
- Click the 'Add' button below the left window and this will move every field over to the right column.
- If it looks like all of the fields have been populated into the right column click 'Next' and wait a few seconds until the MLS loads back up to the 'My Exports' screen.
- Spark should now be an available export template and you are done with the setup.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- Click 'Export' at the top right.
- Verify that 'Export all matches' is selected or if you selected just the properties that you want to export from a larger list, by putting a checkbox next to each one, then choose 'Export selected matches'.
- Click 'Custom Text Export' and choose the export you created which should be named 'Spark'.
- Type in the verification text and click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on your browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
- Now load Spark by going to app.sparkforappraisers.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).