Click here for more information about Spark. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in GAAR / Southwest MLS.
To purchase Spark or get the free trial go to the TOTAL Store page here.
When the one-time file setup is complete and you've purchased Spark (or got the free trial) click here to start using it! If, for any reason, you have trouble with the file setup in your MLS contact us here for assistance.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
One-Time Custom Export Setup for use in the GAAR / SWMLS Flex system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
You can either watch the above video or follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the GAAR / SWMLS Flex system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
- Hover your mouse over 'Preferences' and select 'My Exports'.
- Select 'New'.
- Name the export 'Spark', make sure 'Detail group names show in front of the detail name' is selected and that 'Residential' is also selected and click 'Next'. NOTE: This entire process will need to be repeated if you want to use Spark with Multi-Family properties. If so, then when creating the Multi-Family export choose that option rather than Residential.
- In the left window click the top field which is 'Agent Days on Market'.
- Then scroll down to the very bottom of that list.
- Hold down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and then click the very bottom field. This will select every field. Now let go of the 'Shift' key.
- Click the 'Add' button below the left window and this will move every field over to the right column.
- If it looks like all of the fields have been populated into the right column click 'Next' and wait a few seconds until the MLS loads back up to the 'My Exports' screen.
- Spark should now be an available export template and you are done with the setup.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- Click 'Export' at the top right.
- Verify that 'Export all matches' is selected or if you selected just the properties that you want to export from a larger list, by putting a checkbox next to each one, then choose 'Export selected matches'.
- Click 'Custom Text Export' and choose the export you created which should be named 'Spark'.
- Type in the verification text and click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on your browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
- Now load Spark by going to spark.choicevaluation.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).