Click here for more information about Spark or to get started. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in MLSPIN (Pinergy).
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
One-Time Custom Export Setup for use in the MLSPIN system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
You can either watch the above video or follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the MLSPIN system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
- Get into the search screen by clicking 'Search' at the top of MLSPIN.
- Choose 'Single Family'.
- Choose the Status type of 'Back On Market' (choose only that status type). I realize that sounds odd but it's just for this setup and not how you'll use it normally.
- Click the 'Search Now' button at the top left.
- Left-click the top left checkbox to select all of the listings.
- Left-click 'Download'.
- On the screen that pops up left-click the very top field in the left-hand column.
- Scroll all the way down.
- Hold down the 'SHIFT' key on your keyboard and left-click the very bottom field in the list.
- Now all of the fields should be highlighted and you need to left-click the Right-Facing arrow to move all of the fields over to the right.
- Where it says 'Save as type' be sure that CSV is chosen. Right below that be sure that 'Include Header Row' is marked as 'Yes'.
- Click 'Continue'. This saves what you've done and also downloads a file to your computer that we don't need so just cancel the download or disregard it when prompted.
- Now close the small window where you clicked 'Continue'.
- Repeat steps 1 through 12 choosing Condominium, Multi Family, and Rental. So you should go through the steps a total of 4 times, once each for Single Family, Condo, Multi Family, and Rental.
- You're done!
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report. If the search has many listings, simply put a check box next to the properties you want Spark to put into your sales grid or if you're doing the search for Competing or Neighborhood properties you can use the top check box to select all of the properties.
- Click the 'Download' button toward the top right.
- Click 'Continue'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on your browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location and the file will automatically be saved to your 'Downloads' folder).
- Now load Spark by going to app.sparkforappraisers.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).