Click here for more information about Spark or to get started. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in IRMLS.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
Creating a Custom Export for use with the Indiana IRMLS Paragon System
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
Follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the IRMLS Paragon system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
Once in the results of a Residential search, click the green 'Reports' button. NOTE: This process will need to be repeated the first time you use Spark to import Rentals and Multi-Family Properties. In that case, complete the following steps once in a Residential Lease search or Investment search as appropriate.
Under the Spreadsheets folder choose any spreadsheet that you don't normally use because you're going to be modifying it.
Click 'Customize' and then 'Fields'.
Name the Export 'Spark' (toward the top of the window that pops up).
Click every field in the left column to select them. Once ALL fields have been selected, click 'Add'. It takes about one second then all fields will move from the left column to the right. IMPORTANT: For Investment or Multi-Family you cannot select every field or it won't work. Instead, select all fields EXCEPT those that are specifically for Unit 5 and higher - if a field says Unit 5 or higher in it, then skip it.
Click the drop-down toward the top, under 'Group' that says 'Listing' and choose 'Feature Categories'.
Now a new list will appear on the left. Again, select each and every field on the left and when ALL are selected, click 'Add'.
IMPORTANT: The list is now complete but you must be sure to uncheck every checkbox on the right under the headings Short Lbl and Short Val. All boxes for all fields should be unchecked.
IMPORTANT: In your list if 'Input Date' appears twice remove if the second instance of it (they'll be right next to each other in the list). Also, if 'Update Date' appears twice, remove the second instance of it.
Click 'Save' and you are done.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- Click 'Export' then 'Export to CSV'.
- Select the appropriate box for whether you want to export all in your results or just the selected.
- Choose Spark as your selected export (or whatever you named the custom export you created) from the drop-down and click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
- Now load Spark by going to app.sparkforappraisers.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).