Click here for more information about Spark. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in MRED.
To purchase Spark or get the free trial go to the TOTAL Store page here.
When the one-time file setup is complete and you've purchased Spark (or got the free trial) click here to start using it! If, for any reason, you have trouble with the file setup in your MLS contact us here for assistance.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
One-Time Custom Export Setup for use in MRED Connect system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
You can either watch the above video or follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the MRED Connect MLS system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we'll be glad to help.
- Once in the Connect MLS system, hover over Reports and click on 'Custom Reports'.
- Then you'll click 'Add New Report'.
- Verify that for 'Property Type' you select the type of search you are setting this export up for. You will want to create one for each different type of search you do (e.g. Detached Single, Attached Single, Residential Rental, Two to Four Units, Cross Property, etc). You will repeat this process for each different search type.
- In the 'Report Name' box type 'Spark' (or Spark MultiFamily or whatever you want to call this export).
- In the lower left column of fields click the very top field.
- Then scroll down to the bottom of that list.
- Hold down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and then click the very bottom field which is probably 'Zoning Type' or 'Zip Code'. This will select every field in the entire list.
- Release the 'Shift' key.
- Click the right arrow button that is between the two lists (has this symbol on it '->'). This will move all of those fields from the left column to the right column.
- Click the 'Save' button at the bottom.
- Be sure and do this process for changing the 'Property Type' field at the top for each different type of search you typically use (e.g. attached, detached, two to four unit, etc).
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- Once you are in the results screen of your search click the 'Export' button which is a picture of a folder with a down arrow on it.
- Verify that the listings you want to import are selected and verify that the 'All selected listings' is chosen then click 'Next' (or 'All Listings' if you want to import all of them).
- Click the drop-down box on the 'All fields in this report' line and choose 'Spark' (or whatever you named the export you set up above) then click 'Next'.
- In the 'File format' verify that 'Tab-delimited text' is chosen then click 'Continue'.
- Save the file as whatever name and to whatever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the name and location). Do not open or view the file at this time.
- Now load Spark by going to spark.choicevaluation.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).