Click here for more information about Spark or to get started. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in GAMLS Paragon.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
Creating a Multi-Family Custom Export for use with the GAMLS Paragon System
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
Follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the GAMLS Paragon system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
NOTE: These instructions are for Multifamily properties only. Click here to switch to the SFR/Condo/Rental instructions.
Once in the results of a Multifamily search, click the green 'Reports' button.
Under the Spreadsheets folder choose any spreadsheet that you don't normally use because you're going to be modifying it.
Click 'Customize' and then 'fields'.
Name it 'Spark Multifamily'.
Add the following categories from the left to the right window until you have all fields listed below in the right column. Some of the fields will already be on the right and that's okay. The order does not matter. You also need to make sure and uncheck every box on the right under the heading 'Short Lbl' and 'Short Val'. If you have extra fields that's okay but you must have AT LEAST the following fields.
Annual Association Fee
BAF (Unit 1)
BAF (Unit 2)
BAF (Unit 3)
BAF (Unit 4)
BAH (Unit 1)
BAH (Unit 2)
BAH (Unit 3)
BAH (Unit 4)
BR (Unit 1)
BR (Unit 2)
BR (Unit 3)
BR (Unit 4)
Days on Market
Monthly Rent (Unit 1)
Monthly Rent (Unit 2)
Monthly Rent (Unit 3)
Monthly Rent (Unit 4)
Off Market Date
Original List Price
Price (may say 'Price - Ascending')
Status (may say 'Status - Ascending')
Total Fin Area (Unit 1)
Total Fin Area (Unit 2)
Total Fin Area (Unit 3)
Total Fin Area (Unit 4)
At the top of the window click on the Group drop-down and change it from 'Listing' to 'Feature Categories'.
In the new list of fields on the left select each one (all of them) and move them over to the right side.
The list is now complete.
As noted above, it is important that you verify the boxes on the right to make sure that none of them for either 'Short Lbl' or 'Short Val' are checked. They should all be unchecked.
Click 'Save'. I have had issues with Paragon not saving the information on occasion so you should verify that your changes were saved by clicking on 'Customize' then 'Fields' again and make sure the list on the right looks like the one you just made.
If you have any problems with this MLS setup or with Paragon not saving your list please call or email and I will be glad to help. Click here to contact us.
These instructions are for Multifamily properties only. Click here to switch to the SFR/Condo/Rental instructions.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the properties you want to put into the grid of your appraisal report (including the rentals for multifamily).
- In the search results screen click the green 'Reports' button.
- Then choose 'Spreadsheets' and then 'Spark Multifamily'.
- Click 'Export' then 'Export to CSV'.
- Select the appropriate box for whether you want to export all in your results or just the selected.
- Choose Spark as your selected export (or whatever you named the custom export you created) from the drop-down and click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
- Now load Spark by going to app.sparkforappraisers.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).