Click here for more information about Spark. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in SWFLAMLS.
To purchase Spark or get the free trial go to the TOTAL Store page here.
When the one-time file setup is complete and you've purchased Spark (or got the free trial) click here to start using it! If, for any reason, you have trouble with the file setup in your MLS contact us here for assistance.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
Creating a Custom Export for use in the SWFLAMLS Matrix system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
Follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the SWFLAMLS Matrix system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
- Hover your mouse over 'My Matrix' and select 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Custom Exports' then click on 'Add Export'. NOTE: Be sure that before you click 'Add Export' that the property type in the drop-down is noted as the appropriate type for the export you're creating. For example, if you're creating an export for Rentals that you switch to Rental/Lease type and if you're creating an export for Multi-Family properties you switch to that type.
- Name the export 'Spark'.
- IMPORTANT: Verify toward the bottom that 'Label' and 'Comma' are chosen. No need to enter a description.
- Click on each of the following categories individually and click 'Add' after each one. Once you are done, the categories will appear on the right side of the window. I realize the list is long but once this is set up in your MLS you'll never have to do it again although if you plan on using Spark for importing rentals you will have to repeat this process for the Rental export setup. IMPORTANT: FOR MULTI-FAMILY, IF FIELDS IN THE BELOW LIST DO NOT EXIST SIMPLY SKIP THEM AND IT WILL WORK.
- Acres - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Additional Rooms
- Approx Living Area
- Auction YN
- Baths Full
- Baths Half
- Beds Total - NOT FOR RENTALS
- RENTAL ONLY - Bedrooms
- Building Desc
- Building Design
- Carport Spaces
- Community Type
- RENTAL ONLY - Date Rented
- DOM (you can use CDOM if you prefer but do not include both)
- Exterior Features
- Foreclosed REOYN
- Full Address
- Garage Desc
- Garage Spaces
- Interior Features
- Land Lease Fee - NOT FOR RENTALS
- List Price - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Listing Date
- MLS Number
- RENTAL ONLY - Monthly Rent
- Original List Price - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Pending Date - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Pendingwith Contingencies Date - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Potential Short Sale YN
- RENTAL ONLY - Price Rented
- Private Pool Desc
- Private Spa Desc
- Property Type
- Room Count - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Seller Concession Amount
- Sold Date
- Sold Financing Type - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Sold Price (CLOSE PRICE FOR MULTIFAMILY) - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Status Change Timestamp
- Sub Condo Name
- Total Floors
- Unit Floor
- Unit Number
- Windows - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Year Built
- Zip Code - NOT FOR RENTALS
- Once the list is complete, click 'Save' and you are done
- The custom export just created applies to residential properties but not rentals. Add another export but this time click on the drop-down that says 'Residential' and change it to 'Residential Rental'. Use the above list making sure to include the items that are for rentals.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- On the results page of your search choose the listings/sales/rentals you want included (using the check box to the left) or click 'All' if you want all of them.
- Click 'Export' which is on the bottom row of buttons.
- Verify the custom export you made is selected in the drop-down which should be 'Spark' then click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
- Now load Spark by going to spark.choicevaluation.com and follow the steps.
- *Keep in mind that, since this MLS system has a limitation of only allowing 50 fields to be exported, we were not able to export all fields. At this time, the only field that is missing is HOA fee on a condo report (which required 6 fields to ascertain accurately).
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).
IMPORTANT FOR MULTI-FAMILY: Spark does not fully support multi-family in this MLS due to limitations in how this MLS exports multi-family data. However, there is a work-around to get some of the multi-family information into your report. Just export the information like normal (you will have to create a custom export for multi-family but this uses the exact same instructions as that for the SFR export setup - when creating the export simply skip the fields that are not available for multi-family). Then choose the 1004 form in Spark. Even though the 1004 is chosen, it will still load the data into your 1025 or GP Multi-Family form. It will load as much data as possible into your report given that Spark does not have support or have access to all the multi-family data in this MLS. Keep in mind that some data, including individual unit information, will not be available and some property feature information (e.g. pools, fireplaces, etc) that works fine for SFR and Condos may not be exported from the MLS the same when it comes to multi-family. Be sure to verify all of the information.