Click here for more information about Spark or to get started. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in SEF Matrix.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
Creating a Custom Export for use in the SEF Matrix system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
You can either watch the above video or follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the SEF Matrix system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we'll be glad to help.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR THE SFR SETUP WHICH YOU SHOULD COMPLETE FIRST. CLICK HERE FOR THE CONDO SETUP INSTRUCTIONS.
- Hover your mouse over 'My Matrix' and select 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Custom Exports' then click on 'Add Export'.
- Name the export 'Spark SFR'.
- IMPORTANT: Verify toward the bottom that 'Label' and 'Comma' are chosen. The 'Label' button is TO THE RIGHT of the word 'Label'. Looks like this: None ( ) Label (●) Name ( ) No need to enter a description.
- Double-click on each of the following features individually (you can also click on each one and click 'Add'). Once you are done, the categories will appear on the right side of the window. NOTE: Keep in mind the list is long but once this is set up in your MLS for SFR and Condo you'll never have to do it again.
- #Carport Spaces
- #Garage Spaces
- Assoc Fee Paid Per
- Association Fee
- CDOM (Days on Market)
- City Name
- Closing Date
- Compass Point
- Cooling Description
- Design Description
- DOM - Grid
- Entry Date
- Exterior Features
- Folio Number
- Garage Description
- Heating Description
- Legal Description
- List Price
- List Price Chg Date
- Original List Price
- Parking Description
- Pending Date
- Pool Description
- Pool YN
- Property SqFt
- Property Type
- Sale Price
- Sale Terms
- Seller Contributions Amt
- Short Sale
- SqFt Liv Area
- Status Change Date
- Street Name
- Street Number
- Subdivision Name
- Unit Number
- Year Built
- Zip Code
- Once the list is complete, click 'Save' and you are done.
NOTE: THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS WERE FOR THE SFR SETUP. CLICK HERE FOR THE CONDO SETUP INSTRUCTIONS.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- On the results page of your search choose the listings/sales/rentals you want included (using the check box to the left) or click 'All' if you want all of them.
- Click 'Export' which is on the bottom row of buttons.
- Verify the custom export you made is selected in the drop-down which should be 'Spark' then click 'Export'.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location).
- Now load Spark by going to app.sparkforappraisers.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).
IMPORTANT FOR MULTI-FAMILY: Spark does not support multi-family in this MLS due to limitations in how this MLS exports multi-family data. However, there is a work-around to get some of the multi-family information into your report. Simply, export the information like normal and choose the 1004 form in Spark. Even though you chose 1004, Spark will recognize the multi-family data and load as much data as possible into your report given that Spark does not have full support or have access to all the multi-family data in this MLS. Keep in mind that some data, including individual unit information, will not be available and some property feature information (e.g. pools, fireplaces, etc) that works fine for SFR and Condos may not be exported from the MLS the same when it comes to multi-family. Be sure to verify all of the information.