Click here for more information about Spark. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in CRMLS.
To purchase Spark or get the free trial go to the TOTAL Store page here.
When the one-time file setup is complete and you've purchased Spark (or got the free trial) click here to start using it! If, for any reason, you have trouble with the file setup in your MLS contact us here for assistance.
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
**In CRMLS there are two options:
Option 1 - The quick and easy way requiring no setup on your part only works for Residential properties (not rentals) and if you use this method you will NOT get seller concession information. To use this method, click here, and follow the 'How to Export your Data' instructions except when it says to choose Spark from the drop-down, choose 'Full' instead.
Option 2 - The other method (Custom Method) takes around 5 to 15 minutes for setup but you will get accurate seller concession information. This method must be used if you want to export rental properties. Proceed with the below instructions to complete the custom export setup and please contact us for assistance if you need it and we'll be happy to help.
Creating a Custom Export for use in the CRMLS Matrix system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
You can either watch the above video or follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the CRMLS Matrix system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
- Hover your mouse over 'My Matrix' and select 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Custom Exports' and verify 'Residential' is chosen in the drop-down except when creating the list for exporting Rentals. This process will be done once for regular residential properties and once for rentals. If doing the list for rentals, choose 'Resi Lease' from the drop-down.
- Click on 'Add Export'.
- Name the export 'Spark'.
- IMPORTANT: Verify toward the bottom that 'Label' and 'Comma' are chosen. No need to enter a description.
- Click on each of the following categories individually and click 'Add' after each one. Once you are done, the categories will appear on the right side of the window. The list is long but once this is set up in your MLS you'll never have to do it again. However, you must repeat this process once for RENTALS if you want to use Spark to import Rental comps as well. Some items are different for Rentals and those will be noted below. If you are doing the process for Rentals
- Assessor's Parcel Number
- Association Amenities
- Association Dues 1
- Association Name 1
- Common Walls
- Community Features
- Community/Complex Name
- Concessions Amount
- Cumulative Days on Market
- Current Price
- Date COE/End - Do Not Include in the RENTAL List
- RENTAL LIST ONLY - Date Lease Begins
- RENTAL LIST ONLY - Date Leased
- Date Status Changed
- Days on Market
- Exterior Features
- Financing - Do Not Include in the RENTAL List
- Fireplace? (Y/N)
- Garage Att/Det
- Green Energy Efficient
- Green Energy Generation
- Land Fee/Lease - Do Not Include in the RENTAL List
- RENTAL LIST ONLY - Leased Price
- List Price
- List Price Modification Timestamp
- List Price Original
- Listing Contract Date
- Lot Features
- Lot Square Footage
- Multiple Listing Number
- Number of Carport Spaces
- Number of Garage Spaces
- Number of Uncovered Spaces
- Other Structures
- Previous Price
- Purchase Contract Date - Do Not Include in the RENTAL List
- SaleType - Do Not Include in the RENTAL List
- Security Features
- Selling Price - Do Not Include in the RENTAL List
- Square Footage Structure
- Stories Building Total
- Street Direction
- Street Direction Suffix
- Street Name
- Street Number
- Street Suffix
- Structure Attached? - Do Not Include in the RENTAL List
- RENTAL LIST ONLY - Terms
- Unit Number
- View? (Y/N)
- Window Features
- Year Built
- Zip Code
- Once the list is complete, click 'Save' and you are done
- The custom export just created applies to residential properties. Repeat the process for Rentals if desired.
**How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report.
- On the results page of your search choose the listings/sales/rentals you want included (using the check box to the left) or click 'All' if you want all of them.
- Click 'Export' which is on the bottom row of buttons.
- Verify the custom export you made is selected in the drop-down which should be 'Spark' then click 'Export'. **If you used Option 1 (requiring no custom export setup) then choose 'Full' instead of 'Spark' at the drop-down.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location). If your browser does not give you the option to choose where you save the file then, most likely, it was automatically saved to your Download folder.
- Now load Spark by going to spark.choicevaluation.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and this includes a maximum of 30 properties in each MLS export file you create. If you want to load multiple files for one grid (e.g. use three files of properties to load properties into your Sales Grid), Spark allows that but all files combined must be 30 properties or less.