Click here for more information about Spark or to get started. Below are the instructions you need for the one-time setup of your export file in TheMLS (CLAW).
Please contact us immediately if you ever experience a problem with the listing information not being entered correctly into your report.
One-Time Custom Export Setup for use in the CLAW system
MLS export files that are uploaded to Spark must be in a specific format in order to provide both accurate data and all possible fields.
You can either watch the above video or follow the instructions below to complete the one-time setup for Spark in the CLAW MLS system. Contact us here if you have problems with the file setup and we will be glad to help.
- First, get into the results screen of a search (the following process will need to be completed once for SFR, once for condos, and once for rentals and/or multi-family (if you perform appraisals on those types of properties).
- At the top of the results screen click 'Settings' (Gear icon) then 'One Line Report'.
- Click the green 'Create New' button.
- On the left click the check box next to 'Available Columns' which will then automatically put a check box next to each field on the left.
- Click 'Add' which is the button between the left and right columns.
- At the bottom of the page next to 'Report name' type in 'Spark' (or Spark Condo, or Spark MultiFamily, etc) then click the green 'Save' button.
How to Export your Data
- Verify that the search you are exporting includes the sales/listings/rentals you want to put into the grid(s) of your appraisal report. If the search has many listings, simply put a check box next to the properties you want Spark to put into your sales grid.
- Click the green 'Export' button toward the top right.
- In the new window that opens select 'Spark' from the top drop-down box (or whatever you chose to name the export you made in the steps above).
- **IMPORTANT: On the next line titled 'Export File as' be sure and choose 'csv'. Note: txt files will work but in rare cases they may not depending on how the agent entered in the listing information so we recommend using only csv files.
- Click the green 'Export' button.
- Save the file by whichever file name and into whichever folder you prefer (depending on your browser settings you may not be given the option to choose the file name/location and the file will automatically be saved to your 'Downloads' folder).
- Now load Spark by going to app.sparkforappraisers.com and follow the steps.
Note: Spark can input a maximum of 30 properties for each grid (sales grid/listing grid/rental grid) and a maximum of 10,000 for your 1004MC files (Competing and/or Neighborhood File).
IMPORTANT FOR MULTI-FAMILY: Spark does not support multi-family in this MLS due to limitations in how this MLS exports multi-family data. However, there is a work-around to get some of the multi-family information into your report. Simply, export the information like normal and choose the 1004 form in Spark. Even though you chose 1004, Spark will recognize the multi-family data and load as much data as possible into your report given that Spark does not have full support or have access to all the multi-family data in this MLS. Keep in mind that some data, including individual unit information, will not be available and some property feature information (e.g. pools, fireplaces, etc) that works fine for SFR and Condos may not be exported from the MLS the same when it comes to multi-family. Be sure to verify all of the information.